Waldorf-Inspired Public School Offers a New Choice for Families in Fort Collins
Mountain Sage Community School is free, public, charter school inspired by Waldorf Education and Sustainable living. Approved by the Poudre School District Board of Education October 2011, Mountain Sage is set to open in Fall 2012. The school will serve k-4 students in its first year of operation, and will grow by one grade each year until becoming a K-8 school.
Created by parents and educators in Fort Collins, Colorado, Mountain Sage is dedicated to education that respects the creative journey of childhood. Waldorf-inspired education integrates the arts (music, movement, story, drawing and more) into the learning process of all academic subjects, offering students an experience that fully engages and empowers them. Waldorf-inspired education offers a time-tested, research based approach that enables each student to reach their highest academic and creative potentials. Sustainable living practices are fully integrated into school life to offer children the powerful experience of stewardship and positive community action.
Mountain Sage is currently accepting Intent to Enroll forms for k-4 students and will be hosting several informational enrollment events in January 2012.
These events offer the opportunity to learn more, get involved, have your questions answered and meet the founders.
All events will be held at The Gardens on Spring Creek (2145 Centre Avenue, Fort Collins 80526) in the Evelyn Clark classroom. Informational enrollment meetings are from 2-3pm every Saturday in January 7,14,21 and 28.
Educational programming at Mountain Sage Community School includes:
- Arts-integrated, experiential, nature-based curriculum that fully incorporates Colorado Academic Standards.
- Age appropriate music instruction, world language imersion classes, gardening, handwork, artistic movement instruction for all grades.
- A nurturing kindergarten program that emphasizes play, structure (daily rhythm) and social development
- Class and teacher continuity over a number of years creates strong relationships that promote academic achievement.
- Ample outdoor time that promotes balanced development and respect for the natural world.
To learn more visit www.mountainsagecommunityschool.org
The above information was passed on to me from a tribe Mama Andi who is working very hard to bring this to our community!!